Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Reflection Blog

In my blog posts, I find many different reoccuring elements of art in almost all of the picures or paintings from my posts. One of the most occuring elements is strong contrast. Strong bold contrasts in my mind exlpain me as a person. I do not think of myself to be a person who fades back in the crowd, who doesnt like to stand out and be thereself no matter what others may think. I think that this is why I am drawn to pictures and paintings with strong contrast. Also, I find that most of my post feature a painting that is not abstracted. It portraits a person or object in its most real, recognizable form. I think I am drawn to these compositions because in my life I try to be straight forward with people; no lies, no games, only honesty. I dont want any jaded views from those who give them, and I dont want to be lied  to.  


I think this picture perfectly describes what i have just said about myself. This may no represent me physically, but I feel in terms of this person breaking away from the crowd and being themselves with everyone, it creates the contrasting personality I feel that I have.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice start Alex. Now we want to think about the colors you are drawn to. What are they and why do you like them? Do you like things to be symmetrical? Why?

    ReplyDelete